1. The Livigno K17 is a 17 km skyrace organised by the ASD Alta Valtellina Experience held in conjunction with the Livigno Skymarathon. The event will be staged on Saturday 16th June 2018. The Livigno K17 route follows the same course at the Livigno Skymarathon for the first 8.7 km, so it essentially offers a more condensed, but no less beautiful, event.
2. The event is open to everyone above the age of 16 years and all participants must show a valid medical certificate that permits them to partake in athletic events.
CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS
The race direction reserves the right to change and/or modify the race at any point, be it the route, start type, distance of the race, finish location etc. The race organiser may choose to suspend the race at any moment with the athletes’ safety and best interests at heart. In the case of cancellation prior to or during the event, entry fees will not be reimbursed.
Even if not explicitly indicated, the rules that apply to this event are the same as those specified by the ISF (International Skyrunning Federation) on www.skyrunning.com
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
1. Start numbers must be visible throughout the entirety of the competition.
2. All participants must be in possession of the following obligatory kit during the entirety of the competition:
- windproof jacket
- trail running shoes are recommended given the technical nature of the terrain, as well as suitable running kit.
- cup or bottle for drinking. As the route runs through an area of natural beauty, there will be no plastic cups at the feed stations.
3. If an athlete is not in possession of the obligatory kit during the race, they will receive a time penalty of 10 minutes.
4. The route follows trails and hiking paths. It will be sign-posted with tape, arrows, and flags.
5. There will be numerous checkpoints throughout the course. If an athlete is believed to have cut the course and missed a checkpoint it will result in disqualification.
6. If an athlete wishes to retire from the race it is their responsibility to communicate this to the race organisers and give their bib number to the nearest staffed checkpoint or feed station.
7. Timings will be taken by My Sdam – OTC. Each participant will receive a timing chip upon bib collection.
8. General results will be published as well as rankings for males and females separately.
9. There will be marshalled feed stations at key points on the route where participants will have access to drinks and refreshments. This is also where participants may dispose of any litter (e.g. Bottles or gel wrappers). Any participants found littering elsewhere on the course will be reported for misconduct and may be disqualified.
10. Pacing and feeding support by non-registered runners is not permitted during the race.
11. In order to ensure the safety of the competitors, aid stations and rescue call-out stations will be located at key points along the route as defined by the organisation. Participation is under the full responsibility of the participants, who agree to renounce all claims against the organization in the event of loss, damage or other consequences that may arise as a result of the athlete’s participation in the race
The organising committee do not accept any responsibility for participant’s personal items if they are left unattended in the start and finish zone before, during or after the race.
For more information on the event please contact ASD Alta Valtellina Experience (347 5625173) Marco or email email@example.com
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
In the event of bad weather, the organisers reserve the right to amend and extend the obligatory kit list. Any additions to the obligatory kit list will be communicated a few days prior to the event via the event website and its social media channels.
All participants must also adhere to the following rules:
There is no maximum time limit for this event.
There will be three feed stations en route as well as the final feed at the finish line.
4.7 km Baitel del Cacciatore (water)
8.7km Baitel de la Sascia (water, minerals, dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits)
15 km Strada Val Federia (water, minerals, coca-cola, dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits)
The athlete – fully aware of the responsibility for untruthful declarations – acknowledges and confirms that:
he/she understands the technical nature and route of the race, and declares that he/she has the necessary competences to cross technical mountainous terrain, such as that in the Livigno K17, containing exposed sections with ropes and chains under the assistance of the event staff.
The athlete confirms that he/she possess sufficient experience relevant to this particular competition. The athlete confirms that he/she has taken part in similar events in the past, and has sufficient experiences in the mountains to tackle such a course.
The athlete agrees that he/she has received the necessary guidance from the event organisers with regards to the potential dangers of the event due to its mountainous nature and potentially unavoidable natural dangers to all the participants.
In the light of these declarations, the athlete expressly exonerates the organizers from all liability caused by negligence regarding any injury that the athlete sustains.
Athletes are expected to respect the environment in which the event takes place. Littering (for example, bottles, cups, gels) is not permitted along the race route. Competitors not showing due respect for nature will be reported for misconduct and may be disqualified. The decision to disqualify or penalise a competitor will be made by an objective ad-hoc jury.
All complaints regarding violations of the rules, as well as appeals or reservations concerning results or decisions, must be submitted at the finish line or immediately after the provisional results have been published. Appeals will not be accepted if submitted more than 60 minutes after the appearance of the provision results. Athletes wanting to submit a complaint/appeal must pay a 20.00 € deposit when submitting their complaint, which will be reimbursed if the complaint/appeal is accepted. The final decision will be based on the majority ruling amongst the directors. In the event of controversy, the ISF representative will have the final say based on ISF rules.
CANCELLING AN ENTRY
If a participant is unable to participate in the Livigno K17, the following applies:
- If an athlete declares their inability to compete before 18th May 2018, they will be eligible for an reimbursement of €10.00
If an athletes declares their inability to compete after 18 May 2018, no reimbursement available.
Race bags and start numbers will not be posted in advance. These must be collected at the times specified in the programme.
By participating in this event runners agree to give permission and authorisation to use his/her images, photos and/or videos for marketing and promotional purposes of the event and/or region. Participants consent that any personal information and data collected during the registration process will be recorded and stored in strict confidence in the archives of the Organiser/Association. The stored data may exclusively be used for purposes relating to the event, in accordance with law n. 675/96 of 31.12.1996, art. 13 (Privacy Law). This data can be modified or deleted at any time.